Resor och paketerbjudanden
Thanatharee Cruise & Trekking in Chiang Mai
Tour Overview :
Departing Bangkok by cruising up the Chao Phraya River. Spend three relaxing days on board our comfortable converted rice barge ‘Thanatharee’. Bikes to explore the villages and rural countryside. Continue trip up north for the favor of Chiang Mai and the adventure of elephant ride during the trekking through the northern forest and hilltribe villages.
Departure Date : Friday
Tour Inclusion :
· Transfers by air-conditioned bus. Open pick up truck will be used during trekking.
· Except while barge cruise and trekking, accommodation is standard class hotels based on 2 persons in twin-bedded room. B/B basis. All rooms are air-conditioned with attached bath and toilet.
· Sleeping facilities in the barge is air-conditioned multi-share accommodation for maximum 12 persons. The two sides are separated by a fabric curtain. One common bathroom and one toilet are located in the main deck. Another one toilet on the upper deck. Clients should bring their own towel and personnel toiletries (towel and soap are provided).
Remark: In a rare case that there are more than 12 joining persons, the sleeping area for additional persons will be at the barge’s common area (on the upper deck, space is available for a maximum of 4 persons). Mosquito nets, pillows and blankets are provided.
· Sleeping kit, consisting of a mat for the floor and a sheet as well as a rucksack, water canteen and lifejacket will be provided during the trekking.
· 2nd class air-conditioned train with berth from Ayudhaya to Chiang Mai, and from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.
· Meals as specified in the program (boiled drinking water provided during trekking)
· Entrance fee where applicable.
· Service of local English-speaking guide during trekking.
· Service of local English-speaking assistance during the cruise
Tour Exclusion : · Bottled drinking water, drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary
· Sleeping bag.
· Tips for guide & drivers.
· Personal expenses.
Remark : · Wednesday departure: The above program is swabbed. Day 1-8 of the program is trekking and day 9-10 is barge cruise.
· Itinerary of the barge & trekking portion is only a guideline and is subject to change without prior notice due to tide and local conditions, but the same concept is well maintained.
· Not recommend for child under 7 years old for trekking.
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 : Bangkok - Bangkok
Friday, Bangkok (-/-/-)
Arrive Bangkok Airport. After customs and immigration formalities your clients will be met by our representative and transferred to hotel.
Date 2 : Bangkok - Maenam Noi
Saturday, Bangkok – Ko Kred – Pathumthani – Maenam Noi (B/L/D)
Morning transfer to board the “Thanatharee” and depart Bangkok to Ko Kred, an isle in the middle of the Chao Phraya River. Explore the Mon pottery-making village on the isle before continuing to lively Pathum Thani market where varieties of fresh meats, vegetables and various local goods are sold. Lunch served on the way. Continue the cruise with a short stop at Wat Pailom, well known as a winter nesting ground of the Asian Openbill Stork which migrate from Northern India and Siberia and then head upriver to the unspoilt Maenam Noi, a small branch of the main Chao Phraya River.
Arrive at a village on Maenam Noi in the late afternoon, tie up for the night and enjoy dinner on board.
Date 3 : Maenam Noi - Pamok village
Sunday, Maenam Noi – Ban Bang Sadej – Pamok village (B/L/D)
An opportunity to give food to the monks on their morning alms round. After breakfast take a cycle ride to explore the villages, then depart for Wat Taku. (Lunch served on board.) Set off by bicycle to explore the local villages along the Maenam Noi.
Rejoin the barge at Wat Kophai and continue to Bang Sadej. Bike to visit its famous temple and a local orphanage where, mainly, hilltribe children receive an education and vocational training. Continue to the main village to meet the local people and see the cottage industries they engage in. Then depart to Pamok for the second overnight. Dinner on board.
Date 4 : Pa Mok - Chiang Mai
Monday, Pa Mok – Ayudhaya - Chiang Mai (B/-/-)
Visit the lively morning market and the local Pamok School. Also visit a local family that makes drums. Then depart for Ayuthaya, Thailand’s former capital (1350-1767) and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Arrive at Ayudhaya train station pier at approximately at 12.00 hrs. Disembark and transfer for a day room.
At leisure with opportunity to self-explore the historical park and Ayutthaya town until time for transfer to railway station for night train to Chiang Mai.
Date 5 : Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai
Tuesday, Chiang Mai (-/-/-)
Arrive Chiang Mai in the morning, transfer to hotel accommodation.
Overnight in Chiang Mai.
Date 6 : Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai
Wednesday, Trekking (B/L/D)
Depart Chiang Mai by a pick-up, heading north for about 1 ½ hrs. to Mae Malai. Visit the local market and then continue for 40-50 minutes to Pang Lan waterfall for relaxation and lunch before continuing by truck for about 1 1/2 hours to Huay Nam Dang National Park. Start trekking through the forest for about 1 ½- 2 hours, 5-6 Km. to a Karen village. Enjoy a village walk to witness their way of living that links to the nature. Dinner and overnight in the village.
Date 7 : Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai
Thursday, Trekking (B/L/D)
After breakfast trek for 3 hours, 7-8 Km. to an elephant camp and after lunch take an elephant-back ride for 1-1½ hours, 3-3.5 Km. to a rafting camp near by a Karen village. The Karen originated in Myanmar and is the largest tribal minority in Thailand.
Dinner and overnight at the Karen village.
Date 8 : Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai
Friday, Trekking - Chiang Mai (B/L/-)
After breakfast take a bamboo raft down river for 1½ hour to a small Lahu village of Ban Pong Ngan. The Lahu are related to the Lolo of Tibet who migrated through China and Myanmar to settle in Thailand more than 50 years ago. Continue rafting for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours to a Shan village for lunch. The Shans are considered among the earliest inhabitants of this region of Thailand and so their way of living is much alike northern local Thais’. The rafting can take up to 6 hours in the summer when the water level is shallow and the current is slow. After lunch return to Chiang Mai by a pick-up and transfer to hotel.
Overnight in Chiang Mai.
Date 9 : Chiang Mai - Bangkok
Saturday, Chiang Mai - Bangkok (B/-/-)
At leisure until time for transfer to railway station for night train to Bangkok.
Overnight on the train.
Date 10 : Bangkok - Bangkok
Sunday, Bangkok (-/-/-)
Arrive Bangkok in the morning.